Dr. Kimberly Jones- Afghanistan and the U.S.: the Hearts and Minds in Context – background to the current conflict; key challenges faced, including the interconnections between militants, governance, corruption, drug trafficking, and, perhaps, US violations of human rights and humanitarian law.
Dr. Lauren Brodsky- American broadcasting efforts in Iran during the 2009 elections: Overview of public diplomacy, American international broadcasters (organizations and their goals); reporting during the Iranian election of 2009: “Winning hearts and minds,” promoting democracy, communicating with the Iranian audience, amplifying the message of the Green Movement?
- Tom Woods, U.S. Still Needs Radio for Public Diplomacy in the Internet Age
- Philip Seib, In the Middle East, a Tipping Point for U.S. Public Diplomacy
- David Hoffman, Beyond Public Diplomacy
- Andrew Exum, Hearts and Minds in Afghanistan: Explaining the Absence of Victory
- Alex Strick van Linschoten and Felix Kuehn, Separating the Taliban from al-Qaeda: The Core of Success in Afghanistan